Wednesday, August 27, 2008

back in the mjc

I rolled into Mad Jack City around 10:30 last night, after an awesome week in Seattle. Awesome, I tell you! I was present for the wedding of my good friends Brian and Cindy. In fact, I was more than present: I was the best man! It was awesome. If you've never done it before, I highly recommend it. The view could not be beat - I was right there, man. I was so close, I could even see the fingerprint whorls on Cindy's dainty ring finger, during the ring part of the ceremony. Hot damn.
I'm gonna keep it short tonite, because it's already late and Wednesday's a busy work day for me. (But don't worry, people: even when I keep it short, I keep it real.) I'll definitely lay out some more details on my vacation and whatnot at some point here. But first, a little anecdote about my flight back:
So, I took Midwest Airlines for the first time. All in all, a good experience, especially the cost-savings part of the experience, even if I had to fly out of Milwaukee. But on the way back yesterday, I noticed early on that us passengers were being assaulted with the aroma of chocolate chip cookies. Now ordinarily, you and I will agree, that's a very good smell. But this aroma was strong: it was like Betty Crocker was in the co-pilot seat, if you know what I mean. And within about 10 minutes, I learned the source of the smell, as a flight attendant said "Excuse me, sir" and stuck two warm cookies in my hand before moving on, and before I could even think twice. I really didn't have much choice but to eat them, as they were oozing gooey chocolate everywhere and enticing me with their luscious aroma. But I can tell you one thing: I've been living in the Midwest for over a year now, and the last thing most of the people around here need is two extra chocolate chip cookies. Hell, even a bratwurst would be healthier! (Note to Midwest Air: how about firing up the grill on my next flight? If you do, I'll be your customer forever ...) And let me tell you one other thing: most of the other passengers were not having second thoughts about those cookies. If I'd been thinking more clearly, I probably could have traded mine for someone's pillow.
All right, my work for the night is done. Stay strong, people! I will be back ...

No comments: