Friday, August 29, 2008

comedy-in-chief



After John McCain won the GOP nomination for president, I vowed that the only way I'd vote for him was if he chose someone from Monty Python as his vice president. Can you believe he's done just that??? He announced earlier today that Michael Palin has been added to the ticket. I have to admit, I was flabbergasted. For one, I thought there was no way he'd take me up on my challenge. For two, I figured that Terry Gilliam would be chosen before any of the other members, since he was born in the US. And for three ... actually, two's good enough. I'm still flabbergasted.

This is exciting! Do you think they'll make John Cleese the US Minister of Silly Walks ... or the Secretary of Defense? Will we be equipping our forces in the Middle East with holy hand grenades? (think about the cultural ramifications of that) Or maybe we'll try catapulting some cows at al Qaeda. Hot damn.

No comments: