Saturday, August 30, 2008

yeah baby


If you're like me, you were too busy watching the Olympics to blog about them at the time. Well, now it's time to catch up a little. And the first thing I want to discuss is women's beach volleyball. It was a thrilling finals match, and I eagerly awaited the post-game interview to hear what words of wisdom these luscious sand vixens might offer. And what was the first thing out of the mouth of the tall one? "I just wanted to say that we support our president."
WTF???
So, I did a little Google search to try to figure out where that particular utterance might have originated. And the answer, as I expected, was thoroughly sordid. (See above.)
But to be fair, I've tried to put myself in the "shoes" of May-Treanor and Walsh. (I say "shoes" because they play barefoot! Get it?) Now, most Americans hate Bush. It's a known fact; the polls prove it. And odds are, the vixens hated him too. But what would you do if Dubya came to your workplace to say hello? Would you still hate him? Well, what if he put his arm around your shoulder, and grabbed your ass a little bit? Admit it - it'd be hard to resist that. I mean, come on: the hand that controls the button, right there.
Damn! I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!
Well, Dubya must have made quite an impression on the ladies, because a couple days later the short one showed up next to John McCain at a pro baseball game. It reminded me of Curt Schilling on national TV back in 2004, right after the Red Sox won the World Series: "Vote for Bush!" Remember that? Well, look at him now: broken down and out of the game. And interestingly, soon after the Olympic debacle, Walsh and May-Treanor lost in the "AVP Crocs Cup Shootout" in Ohio, ending their one-year, 112-match win streak.
Karma's a bitch, ladies! And that includes you, Curt ...







No comments: