Thursday, March 11, 2010

and on the subject of movies ...

M. Night Shyamalan should do a remake of "Soylent Green." Think about it: it's right up his alley. And we're due for a remake of "Soylent Green" by somebody. And let's face it, this guy's in a slump. Has he sent anything to the box office since "Signs" that hasn't been mocked and jeered by surprise twist-weary viewers? And now he's got this "Last Airbender" thing coming out. Can you say "CGI-heavy?" Even though it hasn't been released yet, I'm gonna guess the big plot twist right now: the main character can bend air.

The big question regarding the "Soylent Green" remake, obviously, is who would play the Charlton Heston role. I ... I don't have a good answer for that. But I'll tell you what: I want M. Night to make some sort of cameo appearance. Promise me that, M. Night! You're the friggin' modern-day Hitchcock of suspense-movie cameo actor-directors! Your turn as a small-time drug dealer in "Unbreakable": so convincing. And plausible, too! The last time I was in Philadelphia, the streets were just crawlin' with East Indian-American drug dealers. Sheesh ...

No comments: