Saturday, March 27, 2010

health food

We all know Fritos are delicious, but how many of you out there realized how healthy they are for you? I'm eating some right now. Let me read off the ingredients to you: "Whole corn, corn oil, and salt. No preservatives."

Three ingredients! That's it, baby! As long as you don't have to be on a low-sodium diet, there's nothing but goodness awaiting. Just read the nutrient panel: "cholesterol, 0 mg." Sure, there's 10 gm of fat per serving ... but nearly all of it is monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat! I shit you not. I also have a bag of peanuts in my desk, and there's actually more fat in the peanuts. (And did I mention that they're roasted and unsalted peanuts?)

Kind of ironic, isn't it? You would think Fritos'd be all bad for you, but they're not. And I do wish they were made by some mom 'n' pop company, rather than an agribusiness giant, but I'm not going to apologize for being hungry.

I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now.

1 comment:

Brian said...

How about a bottle of vegetable oil? That's only one ingredient, so it's like the healthiest food ever. Maybe you should stop drinking soda and just drink vegetable oil. Make sure it's organic, though.