Wednesday, January 14, 2009

bbbrrrrrrrrrr


I don't know how many of you people pay attention to the weather in other parts of the country, but Mad City and its environs is getting hit with a so-called "Arctic blast" right now. I was at work this evening, and wanted to see how cold it was, so I checked online: -5 degrees. About an hour later I checked again, to see if it was safe to go outside: -8 degrees. So, I seriously considered sleeping in my office overnight, to avoid having to walk out to the parking garage. I shit you not.

But then, when I finally ventured outside, it wasn't that bad. I mean, it wasn't warm, but I could deal with it. You feel me? I wasn't like all wrapping my arms around myself, and chattering my teeth, and whatnot. I just sort of walked calmly out to my car, Chip, and started it. The car started like this: uh-uhh-uh-ahh-whaaah-uh-uh-vroom.

In the end, it did start. And now I'm home, blogging.

(P.S. It's supposed to get even colder. Do you hear me, people in Seattle? You crybabies? The wind chill is supposed to be -30 here on Thursday! I. Shit. You. Not.)


No comments: